Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
My screensavers have worked fine in Betas 4-6, but now in Beta 9, they do not.

I have it set to use the Floating screensaver, and the Source is a folder with JPGs. This has worked fine for ages, and now suddenly all I get is a black screen.

Anyone?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Me, too.
Won't play any "running/moving" screensavers that use pictures or jpgs.
Same images used as a non-moving screensaver seems to work.
Strangely enough, I have a couple of third party SS (such as Aerial) that work without problems, AFAIK.
It seems to only affect the built-in screensavers. I did see one that does show changing pictures, but extremely dim, nearly black.

It's the beta 9, I suppose. Report that, if you like. That's what betas are for.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
The screensaver is still funky (at least for me) in Monterey RC. I select a folder for any of the standard screensavers, and then nothing happens. Album Artwork, Word of the Dat, etc. works, but not the ones where I get to select a folder for the pictures... Sometimes I see a quick popup saying "No Photos", but that is not true. I have selected a folder with 50 JPGs.

akwarner

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
Today's release did not address it for me. Still black or very dark screensavers when pulling photos.

SCampbell

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
California
I have the same issue on my iMAC, works fine on the laptop, was really hoping the RC would fix it but unfortunately, it did not. On the Feedback Assistant is says "more than 10" have the problem so hopefully a fix soon. I had even opted out of the BETA before updating to the RC but whatever was the problem was still there.

Calibre5

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2020
Had some success by choosing Ken Burns screensaver and enabling "Show with clock" on my MacBook Pro running 12.0.1 release.

Last edited:

Chamilou

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021
Same problem here with my photo-based screensaver! Get to eventually see my pictures behind a very dark blackish veil. Hopefully an update will fix that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.