Screensaver Lock with a Password

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fparedesg, Aug 5, 2009.

1. fparedesg macrumors newbie

Hey MacForums! I have the option "Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screensaver" (from Security in System Preferences) enabled. However, every time I turn the screensaver on (when it turns on automatically, when I turn it on with a hot corner, or when I lock the screen with the Keychain icon in the top panel), and then I turn it off, it doesn't prompt me to enter my password.

Is there a way to fix this?? Thanks to anyone that helps!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Are you giving the system a grace period of about 5 seconds from when you start the screen saver to when you try to exit? If you use hot corners to activate it, and before the screen saver even loads completely, you move the cursor it doesn't have an opportunity to load your settings.

3. fparedesg thread starter macrumors newbie

I give it about 10 seconds, so yes. Thanks for the reply.

4. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

I don't know if this can help you but have you tried repairing your permissions?Also,have you downloaded the latest leopard update(10.5.8)? It might fix your problem.

5. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

Check under user accounts and make sure automatically log in as box is not checked then

zap the pram....google it

--Eric

6. fparedesg thread starter macrumors newbie

Automatic login is disabled. I already checked permissions and nothing changed. I googled and I didn't find anything :( I'm going to try to update, see if that helps.

7. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

restart mac-->hold option,command,p,and r at the same time.

hold down all 4 buttons till your mac chimes four times.

thats how you reset the pram,

do you have an administrator account with a password set up? i deleted my password and the screensaver would not ask me for a password after my mac woke up or if you move the mouse. So make sure you have a password set up on your account.

--Eric

8. fparedesg thread starter macrumors newbie

I reformatted my computer; everything's still the same. I'm the admin and I do have a password. I don't know what's going on.. :S