Screensaver password prompt timeout?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by craig1410, Sep 14, 2007.

1. craig1410 macrumors 6502a

craig1410

Hi,
    I have enabled the prompt for a password when waking from screensaver and this works fine as long as I respond to the password prompt quickly. However, if I don't respond fairly quickly then the password prompt disappears leaving a black screen with just the mouse pointer visible. No matter what I type I can't bring the password prompt back up and therefore can't gain access. The only way I can do this is to press the power button and wait for 5 minutes or so before bringing it back out of sleep and typing my password more quickly.

The machine is a new iMac 2.4G 24" if that makes any difference. All latest updates applied.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Craig.

2. craig1410 thread starter macrumors 6502a

craig1410

Just bumping this post back to the top again - I'm surprised nobody else has had this issue.

Thanks,
    Craig.

3. foreminator macrumors newbie

Same thing...

Same thing Craig - and I can't find any answers. Did you find anything out yet?

4. daq macrumors newbie

I've got the same exact problem. The only solution I found so far is to close the lid (computer goes to sleep,) then I reopen it and it asks for the password again when it wakes up.

Probably not an ideal solution for a non-notebook. ;)

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I have the same problem and it drives me mad.

Soon enough I will get fed up with this and just turn off password for sleep and screensaver >((