Screensaver - Photos

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by chrisandersen, Mar 24, 2016.

1. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

This update has me real confused on how to set up my favorite pastime with the ATV's, watching my photos as a screen saver.
    After updating my V4, under settings>general>screensaver> I selected My Photos. You have the three tabs at the top, Photos-Shared-Albums. I want to see all my photos, so I go to Photos. And there they are. That is a miracle in itself. Now, how do I select these? Under Albums, you can select one and make it a screensaver, but if it has videos those would play too.
    So, I back up and go back to settings>general>screensaver> I selected My Home Sharing. I find my mac and get three choices, My Music (you can actually select music as a screensaver), Home Videos (no!) and of course Photos. Under Photos, your choices are all the albums on you mac, but I select the top photos and set as screensaver. It does work like this.
    Problem is if my macbook is off or out of the house, this won't work. Does anyone have the My Photos working?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Did you try the Album = "All Photos"

My understanding is a current limit is that Albums that are in Folders are not show. If outside of Folders they are. Also, Smart Albums are not shown. This is different on the iPad where everything is shown.

3. chrisandersen thread starter macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

When I select My Photos, Album, All photos, there is not a button to select "Set as screensaver". It's just the photos. And, I still don't understand how "my music" can be a screensaver type.

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Sorry. My mistake.

5. ATLApex1 macrumors newbie

Same issue. Also if I select Homesharing is says there are no photos. I have shared the folder in ITunes where it also says no photos shared....updates really messed up..