ScreenSaver.prefPane Gone!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lala1, Oct 25, 2008.

1. lala1 macrumors newbie

I accidentally deleted my " ScreenSaver.prefPane ". I always go to library for the .prefPane folder and I see a shortcut for the ScreenSaver.prefPane but it won't open because the original file is not there. So anyone knows a way to download the system preferences desktop and screen saver option?

here is a picture where it shows I don't have my desktop and screensaver option.

[​IMG]

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Um, it's in your Trash. Unless you're the type of person who empties it as soon as something is put in. Do you have a Time Machine backup? It would be there as well.

If you really need it, I can email you a link to download it. But only as a last resort. Just PM me your email.

3. lala1 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

You don't know what Time Machine is? Are you running Leopard? If not, I can't help you. You probably shouldn't post your email directly in the forum.

5. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

He must be running tiger or something older. Judging by his pic, it doesn't include time machine, and its missing a few other items Leopard has. My recommendation, is get your OS disks and reinstall it. Not a clean install, but a REinstall and it should replace the missing item(s)

Attached Files:

6. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Can you see that picture in his first post? I can't, but I saw it when you quoted it. It's Tiger, it has Spotlight. I agree, unless someone else on here has Tiger and wants to upload the prefpane, it looks like a reinstall.