Screensaver/screen wont sleep when....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crxtasy, Jul 17, 2009.

1. crxtasy macrumors newbie

So im trying to use Audio Hijack Pro, which allows you to record from certain applications at certain times.

This program is not allowing the display to turn off on my imac 20" when recording. It seems odd i can not even manually activate the screen saver when it is running. I dont want to have the screen displaying for hours when the computer is not in use.

Any one run into the same sort of issue?? There seems to be no settings within AUdio Hijack to disable this "keep active" feature...
    Thanks

2. pmarcos macrumors newbie

Yes, I see this as well. In 10.5 I was able to use hot corners to either run the screen saver or turn the screen off, but that appears to be broken in 10.6 now. :( Now it will start the screensaver or turn the monitor off but then it'll pop back to the regular screen after a few seconds. One small workaround I found was running the screensaver in Test mode from System Preferences seems to work...

This is infuriating and I'm sure ruining my monitor. :mad:

3. pmarcos macrumors newbie

I'm not sure why I didn't find this when googling before, but the answer is in the manual. There's a hidden preference you can set to change this behavior. In the "Hidden Features" section of the AHP manual is this gem:

I sure wish that was just a regular preference shown in the normal UI...