Screenshot Assistance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Boyce, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Boyce macrumors newbie

Hello, Santa Claus brought me a MacBook Pro yesterday and everything is running smoothly. I just need some assistance on how do you post a screen shot on a forum. I am completely lost. I did figure out how to take a screen shot though.

Any assistance would be great.

Happy Boxing Day!

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

congrats on your new Mac.

you will need to take the screenshot you made and store it on picture hosting site. ex. imageshack then where its stored on the hosting site they will give you a link. when you reply to a topic there will be a little box with a what looks like a mountain when you click on that it will ask for the url of the picture. insert your link and you should be good.

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Congrats on your new Mac!

If you figured out how to take a screeshot, then you have a couple ways to post it on a forum. In the case of this forum here on MacRumors, you can either post a screenshot as an attachment, or you can post a link to the image, if you've uploaded it onto the Internet.

Because I'm assuming you just want to post it as an attachment (most common), you simply click the small icon of the paperclip when you're writing your post.

[​IMG]

Then, select the file you want to attach, which would be the screenshot, most likely saved to your desktop on your Mac.

4. Boyce thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks both of you guys, I figured ended up saving it onto flickr and one thing led to another and with your guys help I figured it out.

Thank You.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you want to take a lot of screenshots and post them, you might find Skitch useful...

http://skitch.com/

It integrates screenshot taking (with a few extra features), the ability to resize images, really easy and cute markup tools, and the process of hosting and getting a URL really nicely.

It's kind of odd that's it's been in beta forever, but I think it's still free. Anyway, worth a look.

Congrats on your new computer. :)

6. mrtekkid macrumors regular

Awhile back MacHeist had a give away of a nanobundle and in it was a neat little app called TinyGrab. When you take a screenshot, whether it be a full screen or a cropped image, it automatically uploads the image to their site and copies the URL to your clipboard to share with anyone. Really nice software. Though I think the free version only allows you to upload 5 images a day or something like that. But you may be able to switch where the images upload to (your own personal server??).... but I have not tooled around with that yet.