Screenshot bootcamped Windows on rMBP 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stino, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Stino macrumors newbie

Hi

I currently have an MBA and as many doubting to get one of the new rMBP 13. However, for work related things I often have to boot Windows native as well via bootcamp but I'm a bit worried that the screen resolution in Windows (8) will be too high in combination with 13 inch. 15 inch would be better but that's not an option for me.

Anyone has any experience to share? Any screenshot to share that I can check on my current 13 inch so I can really see how it would look like? No tricks with dpi etc applied...

Thanks!

2. neteng101 macrumors 65816

A screenshot will do you no good - you have to view it in person to really see what it looks like. Because it will simply get rescaled/displayed different on other displays.

3. flr macrumors member

I have the new 13" rMBP but the Windows 7 install doesn't work yet because the (internal or external) keyboard and mouse aren't supported. It is probably a USB 3.0 driver problem.

4. Stino thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right about the screenshot so forget about that :) So let me rephrase my question: anyone has a 13 inch rMBP and is running Windows 7/8 native? Is everything still readable easily or is it really too small?

I know this is personal but this is something you can't test in store :)

5. neteng101 macrumors 65816

I have Windows 7 - instead of the default settings at full res 2560x1600 and the DPI scaling which is pretty lousy for most Windows apps, I chose to run at 1440x900. While its not as crisp as the OSX scaled at 1440x900 its definitely totally fine with me.

Windows 7 can be installed but you must use install media with Service Pack 1 integrated into the ISO image, or you'll run into issues. I did it via Boot Camp Assistant, and it went smoothly (once I used the right install media to create the USB).