Screenshot causing temporary 'freeze'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by consumedsoul, Oct 25, 2008.

1. consumedsoul macrumors regular

Anyone experiencing this on their new MBP 15"?

Click cmd+ctrl+shift+4 to do a select screenshot, immediately after you take the screenshot you can move the cursor around, but nothing else works for about 15-20 seconds (can't click on anything, it's like the whole keyboard doesn't respond).

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I use Snapz Pro X. It uses the standard commands so I can't check it out (with out disabling the software and logging out), but it sounds more like a software thing then a new MBP thing.

3. rolex54 macrumors 6502

i just tested that and have no such problem
    I can move the cursor immediately after pressing shift+control+command+3
    i can also move it while pressing those keys

4. consumedsoul thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't happen on any of my other 4 macs... weird. :(

5. kevcmk macrumors newbie

bump. Same problem here. New MBP 15'', It happens 90% of the time. Take a screenshot, freezes for 15-20 seconds

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hmm.. Odd.. Are all your mac's running with the default amount of RAM? Hav you thought about rebuilding OSX cache? I'm thinking that could help, but not sure.

8. consumedsoul thread starter macrumors regular

Done

Done - submitted feedback... (doubt I'll hear back though. :)

9. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

This has been discussed back when the uMBP's first came out. It only happens on the 9600m, with battery pewer, IIRC. Something like that combination. For instance, I'm using the 9400 and am plugged in and get to problem. But if I turn on the 9600 and unplug and take the screen shot, I can repeat the problem 100% of the time.

Try a forum search and see if you can find our discussion on this from October.

10. consumedsoul thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know if Apple ever acknowledged/plans to address the issue?

11. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

Find the thread and see what people said. I think one guy talked to Apple reps about it.

I'm not going to do the work to find the post for you, though. To make it really easy for you, just look at my 'other posts by this user' and look back to around Oct/Nov.

12. TheHoff macrumors 6502

Wow thanks. I experienced this issue as well (15" MBP) but it is nice to see it has been narrowed down and the steps to reproduce it are known.

I think you might have it reversed though; I think it is with the 9400 on battery power. I made the switch to the 9600 a few weeks back and haven't changed it and I haven't had the issue at all (and I've done some screenshots in the past few days).

13. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

No problem. And yes, I might have it reversed - I just know that it is not something I run into often, because I am normally plugged in. That's why I included the 'IIRC', just to cover my shaky memory on the subject.:eek: