Screenshot got me through to emergency sevices

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by deany, Sep 24, 2016.

1. deany, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

deany macrumors 68030

deany

Screenshot got me through to emergency sevices, acutely embarrassing esp. at 2.00am on a Sunday Morning - and a very unimpressed sounding operator - after ladies initial professional response -answering the phone.

Alarm did ring - I pressed dismiss - but not enough time was given before 999 was phoned.

So - for me prsonally - worth disabling screenshot again in Watch - General.

Anyway the main query I have is there a way to disable this message ↙︎every time I open my mac? - maybe just have haptic so no need to press "Dismiss" each time.
    IMG_0627.PNG

Thanks

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Screen shot is pressing the crown and side button in quickly simultaneously. Emergency is holding the side button down for three seconds and then swiping emergency. How did you accidentally do the second one trying to screenshot?

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

If you ignore the unlock message it will dismiss on its own.

4. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

Hi
    I'm not entirely sure I followed http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/09/15/how-to-re-enable-apple-watch-screenshots-in-watchos-3/ I'm almost certain I didn't "swipe emergency" but cant be 100% certain.
    Screenshot is now disabled on my watch - which I note OFF seems to be default setting for watchOS 3 "In watchOS 3, this feature is disabled by default," maybe this is why, to prevent possible mishaps.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I see. You can hold it for three seconds and then swipe. Or hold for another three (total of 6) and it pushed you through.

I'm still just struggling to understand how you held the button down for six seconds trying to take a screenshot.

6. deany, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

Hi
    It does seem like I held the side button for 6 seconds while trying to take a screenshot.
    Although I think the SOS feature is a fantastic update and will save lives -
    I can see potential issues unless care is taken while using the screenshot functionality.
    I'm just going to have screenshot OFF as its a function I rarely use.
    Cheers

7. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

A quick press is all you need for a screenshot. Less than half a second.

Snap away and don't worry.

8. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

I just turned off my 'Hold to Auto Call' in order to avoid that. I have it set now that you press down on the button and when the sliders come up, slide to call.