Screenshot of PDF file?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by littlegreenyoda, Jun 27, 2010.

1. littlegreenyoda macrumors member

Hi,

I bought GoodReader, ReaddleDocs, PDF Pro, iAnnotate, but none of them are able to take a screenshot or copy part of my PDF and email out...

Are there any other applications that can do it?

Basically, all i need is for the program to take a screenshot of my pdf (comprises of images) and email it out.

Please recommend some apps

thanks!

2. littlegreenyoda thread starter macrumors member

cant work.

its like i want to do a "snip' eg: command shift 4 on mac and use snipping tool in windows 7.

wonder why no such app, so that when we read magazines etc, saw something we like and we can snip it to email and keep for reference..

3. bluedog3401 macrumors regular

The screenshot function will take a picture. Since you described wanting a CMD+Shift+4 like function (where you can take just a clipping of a portion of the screen), just zoom in until your desired area is filling the screen. Then take your screenshot.

From your description what you are looking for is for images in a PDF anyhow, but I wanted to point that out for other viewers. NOTE: you'll lose the scalability and text search function of the PDF as it will become only an 'image' of the page when taking a screenshot.

4. littlegreenyoda thread starter macrumors member

thanks alot!
    i finally managed to get the screenshot, seems like i did not press the home button properly.

i really do hope developers will come out with a powerful notetaking app with handwriting and "snipping" features!