Screenshot turn out in a green pattern

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by greensofa, Apr 9, 2009.

1. greensofa macrumors newbie

Hey guys, no matter what kind of screenshot i take
    (shift+control+command+3, shift+command+3, shift+control+command+4 or shift+command+4)
    it always results in this pattern

[​IMG]

Does anybody know what could be wrong? Thanks for maybe being able to help...

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Just a thought, but have you checked your Displays preferences to make sure its set to Millions of colors rather than Thousands? Also consider going through the display calibration in the Colors tab and see if that fixes the issue.

3. greensofa thread starter macrumors newbie

The screen looks fine. It's only the screenshots that look like this. But thanks for helping

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

First thing would be to ask if it does this in a freshly-created user account, just to confirm that it's not something weird installed under your user.

Second thing would be if you've installed any system hacks/additions/utilities, even ones that you wouldn't think would affect screenshots. Always a possibility that one of those could cause unexpected issues.

Third is a note that it's at least possible that it's a hardware issue. I say this because I once had a failing graphics card and was surprised to see the screen artifacts show in screenshots; apparently the MacOS grabs the data straight out of the VRAM buffer, which would include glitches.

Now, since your screen looks just fine, this doesn't seem likely, but there's at least a chance that something is going wrong that's screwing up however it is pulling the data off the graphics system.