Screenshots in Mac OSX Leopard....Can't figure it out

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hatchet, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Hatchet macrumors regular

Update: Figured it out. Can't use Number Pad to do this function. This thread can be used as reference if anyone else is as dumb as me. :)

==============

I can't seem to figure out how to take screenshots on my new mac pro. I'm used to hitting Print Screen on my Dell PC from before so i'm getting pretty frustrated.

I tried googling it and still can't seem to get it to work.

I am trying to use this information for the guides here but I can't seem to paste anything into Photoshop by using those commands:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

<edit> I just figured it out. Apparently you can't use the number pad to do this task and it worked using the regular numbers on the keyboard. </edit>

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Just tried it with the Command-Control-Shift-4 shortcut. Pasted fine into Photoshop CS3 (had to create a new document to paste into first as Photoshop does not seem to have a paste into new document command). Are you sure you are not taking screenshots to files on the Desktop?

3. ToastyX macrumors regular

If you want, you can reassign the shortcut to the Print Screen key (or F13 on Apple keyboards) by going into System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

4. Latro macrumors member