• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Looks like a basic reskin. I'd hoped for a little more imagination from them, mainly following Apple's lead by using the main icon colour throughout the app itself.

It looks very bland but I'll take it over the iOS 6 version right now.

Comment

jjusmo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2013
Looks so gooood! I hate how old the current whatsapp looks and I use it like 2-3h each day.....the old keyboard *pukes*

Comment

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Looks like a basic reskin. I'd hoped for a little more imagination from them, mainly following Apple's lead by using the main icon colour throughout the app itself.

It looks very bland but I'll take it over the iOS 6 version right now.

I wasn't expecting much from them but it's a bit worse than I could have imagined. Way too bland!

Comment

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I wasn't expecting much from them but it's a bit worse than I could have imagined. Way too bland!

Yeah, I've read posts on here from people saying their Android app is superb compared to the iOS version. There was a concept on here done by a member and it was superb.

Still, any idea when we can expect this update?

Comment

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore
Yeah, I've read posts on here from people saying their Android app is superb compared to the iOS version. There was a concept on here done by a member and it was superb.

Still, any idea when we can expect this update?

Like someone said; when iOS 8 is about to be released. Lol.

Comment

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Really? How much are they price gauging you for running an international, cross platform messaging service?

$1 per year...!!! :p :p

But it's lifetime free for people who bought the app...

Comment

BenTrovato

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Really? How much are they price gauging you for running an international, cross platform messaging service?

Did I say gauging? Hard to comprehend why some people put words into others mouths. Not sure what benefit they get from this archaic activity.

I like Whatsapp and again, I say I hope it's outstanding since it's now a pay service otherwise people will migrate to platforms.

Comment

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
It's a great great app that I wouldn't trade for any other instant messaging solution other than iMessage but I too have lots of friends on android...

However we can't deny that this guys can't design beautiful apps for ****, it looks so bland, so tasteless..

Comment

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Comment

michaelra

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
Looks boring and dull, but as someone said, I'll take it anytime compared to the current one

They surely take their time :|

Comment

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
They haven't even released an update to fix the issues with the current app on iOS 7.

What's wrong with it? These days my notifications are delayed and sometimes don't even show up so I go in the app and see people have texted me but I didn't get a notification.

Comment

jjusmo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2013
For me currently my wa is fixed.. I used to only get a badge of 1 even if I had like 34 messages, now it shows the correct number.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.