Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rangtang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
I'm looking for screenplay functionality in my iPhone and (future gen) iPad. I've read that the top dogs (movie magic and final draft) will both be producing screenplay apps of some shape or another, but are there any options out there right now worth checking out?

I use Movie Magic for all of my business, so I will most likely check into that one when available, but something to tie me over would be good too!

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Scripts pro is the app I use and it's very good, it's also universal so the one app will work on the iPhone and iPad.

David Sweetman

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
Story Skeleton - iPhone app

Bit of self-promotion/thread resurrection: I've recently published Story Skeleton, an app for organizing and planning your screenplay. There aren't many apps designed specifically for the preparation side of screenwriting, but with structure being so important in a screenplay, and with writing long-form fiction being kind of tedious on the iPhone, I think it makes much more sense than a full-featured screenwriting app.

The 1.1 update is in review with apple, that'll have a lot of great new features. It'll add scrivener support to the current final draft support, and will also have a list view, font size adjustment, etc.

For anyone who tries it, please let me know what you think! I'm not trying to spam here, I want to interact with people who are using Story Skeleton, and to continually improve on it.

http://www.storyskeleton.com

Thanks!
-David Sweetman

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I'm looking for screenplay functionality in my iPhone and (future gen) iPad. I've read that the top dogs (movie magic and final draft) will both be producing screenplay apps of some shape or another, but are there any options out there right now worth checking out?

I use Movie Magic for all of my business, so I will most likely check into that one when available, but something to tie me over would be good too!

Movie Magic is not coming out with anything. Final Draft has a reader app out, iPad-only. And they are releasing a writer app soon, again iPad-only. So once they do that, we will be all set.

There is an unofficial Final Draft reader out that works on the iPhone. Celtx is probably the best app for writing screenplays, iPhone or iPad.

EDIT: Gee, someone bumped an old topic!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.