Screenwriting software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emseals, Oct 23, 2007.

1. emseals macrumors newbie

Anyone know of any good (preferably free) screen writing software?

2. kerotab macrumors member

kerotab

have you tried celtx? - http://www.celtx.com/index.html

It's free and comes with a screenwriting program as well as storyboard and other things that will help you with production. I used it for my screenwriting class once and helped a lot

Final draft has a free demo I think, but then again it is a demo...

3. Twiztedklown316 macrumors member

Twiztedklown316

Final Draft is not free, but it is a solid program and the best choice for a mac.

4. Nordichund macrumors 6502

Movie Magic´s "Screenwriter" is not free, but it is used by many in the business. A very useful programme if you need to e-mail scripts backwards and forwards.

5. skaventh macrumors newbie

I am using Montage, the interface are nice and easy to use too bad is not free.

6. TRoman macrumors newbie

TRoman

Final Draft, Storyist, and Montage are all great pieces of software; I think they all have free demos? Not positive. Screenwriting format is really particular, and I think it's nearly impossible to get right in Word without eons of patience (not my specialty). The format is created for a reason; so that it can easily be broken down into storyboards and shot lists for pre-production and during production. I think there are a few scheduling programs like Gorilla or EP which will integrate well with the aforementioned screenwriting programs in order to create shot lists and budgeting; also, storyboard programs like StoryBoard Quick or StoryBoard Artist will import your scripts from these screenwriting programs to make your boards.