Screnn quality on MB vs MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omainik, Oct 17, 2008.

1. omainik macrumors newbie

I am not sure which one to get. The decision would be easier If there is any difference between the screen quality between MB and MBP. Can someone compare?

The notebook is used for Web surfing, office, RAW photo editing and I want to try the software development environment.

All arguments are for the MBP, I see only two points against the MBP
    - size/weight
    - speaker holes on the top

I do not use the speaker of a notebook. On my current one there are some speaker holes too. these are after 4 years of usage dirty and it is impossible to clean them.

The bigger screen would deliver much more real estate for photo editing, but I think that will be done on my 23" Cinema Display. So the screen size of the notebook is only relevant for Internet / iTunes / office apps.

Please give me some advice.

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

I think the MBP has a superior screen. I saw some viewing-angle pics comparing the two (new Macbook and new MBP) and the MBP's was much better. Plus, for any kind of image editing or software development, you might want more screen real estate, which the MBP provides.

3. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Have a look at this thread and the link to the Gizmodo review you'll find there. They do a comparison of the two systems, including screen quality. You're in for a surprise :p

4. goffski macrumors member

See this thread there's some photos side by side.

^^ Beat me to it. ^^

5. omainik thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, it will be a MBP

thank You for the links. This makes a decision easier ;)