screw windows I change to mac 10.5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lord Farken, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Lord Farken macrumors member

:cool:I can't hadle window xp or vista no more ans after I see what a MacBook pro can do ,I order one is on the way ,but since I never have one before i need some help from the pros is the forum I am going to use primary for video coverting like dvds to avi h264 or any video fili like mkv or ogm to avi I know some software for this already like handbrake the are version for mac but the other like dvd converter pro Jerterware and All TO AVI! dont have any mac suport
    I know that wiht boot camp I stiil can use xp for those.
    but VMware fusion let me use xp without reboot and there is parallel too
    question Wich one do better for this
    I got 2.4ghz dual core 4gb ram idon want to start goin crazy doin eperiment an mess thing up some avice please:cool:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i dont know why anybody would want to use VM to do video conversion. Its very much CPU intense work, you are better off doing them in a pure environment rather than VM. I would say handbrake, if you need to use windows only app, use bootcamp.

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Yes you can use Handbrake for your conversion needs. Also check out VisualHub. It's one of the few pieces of software that is worth the price. http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

The whole Parallels v VMware Fusion has been discussed over and over. Some have attempted to benchmark the two. Purely subjective but I prefer VMware Fusion.

4. Lord Farken thread starter macrumors member

thank

:confused:
    thank i just start today I am at iraq so I dont have time to search for hour
    3o min limit slow connection
    IF somebody give the link to profecional soflware for my need for mac i buy iy so dont don have to even ue boot camp I am goin to look that link but this pc that I using now is pc lab so i can try it but i get of in two hour and the ia can download it but stiil can try it because I dont have the yet maybe by tuesday hanbrake is good for dvds but i need anoder for the video files that are in diferrent format or resolution and i need to re encode it
    and tiny dell can't hadle it but I am positive the the mac will and fast