Screwed my phone up...... PLZZZZZZ HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surajnangia, Jul 17, 2008.

1. surajnangia macrumors 6502

hi
    I had an unlocked version of 1.1.4 working really well.... today it freezed so i reset my phone and it went into recovery mode....
    now how do i get out of this.......
    I tried using ziphone but didnt work.........
    plz help..........

2. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Have you tried doing a DFU restore? If that does not work then I suggest getting iPlus 2.0 and using that. I was able to bring back a first generation iPhone from having a corupt basband load using iPlus. It does require you have a Mac and it is command line only, but the instructions are pretty complete. I can not and will not link to it here but a google search should reveal where to find it. Hope this helps...

3. surajnangia thread starter macrumors 6502

wat is DFU restore.. can u guide me . i am quite a novice...

4. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

1) Start iTunes on your computer
    2) Connect your iPhone to your computer
    3) Hold down the power and home buttons untill the screen shuts off at which point release the power button but continue to hold the home button until you see a popup box in iTunes saying that it has detected an iPhone in restore mode then release the home button. The screen of the iPhone will remain off.
    4) Hold down the alt key and click the restore button in iTunes. It should bring up your file browser. Browse to where you have a copy of the 1.1.4 firmware. If you don't have a copy of it, google and you should find a link to it.

This may or may not work. At any rate proceed at your own risk and if you feel uncomfortable doing this proceedure, don't try it.

It is also worth mentioning that you can usually get out of restore mode by holding the power button and letting the iPhone reboot. You should try this first as a restore will delete what you have on the iPhone.

5. surajnangia thread starter macrumors 6502

hey thanks... BUT
    can u provide me a link to 1.1.4...
    as i downloadsd it and it showed to be 1.1.1..
    then i pressed the alt button and restore ..... then the folder which i downlaoded opened but which file to select as it was not selecting aany of the files in the softeware folder

6. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Sorry I don't have a link to it but a google search should turn it up. First though try resetting the device by holding the power button until you see the apple logo.