Screwed up a .mov file

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VinceraVivere, Apr 15, 2010.

1. VinceraVivere macrumors newbie

Hey there,

I need some help with a situation I think I've completely f-ed up. I was using Sound Recorder 2.1 on my Mac to record an interview I was doing for my thesis, and at the end, I was going to export the file as an .aiff, but accidentally exported it as "export movie to .mov". Now the file won't open through any application - the data is there, but I've managed to completely screw it up to where I can't access it. Any ideas for reversing/converting? It's just audio, not video, so QuickTime won't recognise it as a movie file, and it won't open through Audacity, DivX, iTunes, or VLC....suggestions? Is there any hope for me or have I lost it forever?

Thanks in advance.

Sarah

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to decode what you mean by this, unsuccessfully. If it's a Quicktime file it doesn't matter if it's just audio or video, it should play in the Quicktime player. You're not getting a new window where you can listen to the audio when you press play when you open the file?

3. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I believe that this is the box she is seeing when trying to open the QuickTime file:

Attached Files:

4. VinceraVivere thread starter macrumors newbie

yep, that's exactly the box I'm getting. I tried Switch, with no luck. I think I might just be screwed. D: my fault for messing around with programs I don't have a firm grasp of.

5. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

6. VinceraVivere thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck with Garage Band either! I may jsut have to give up hope.

7. VinceraVivere thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, no luck with that either. It says it can't find video or audio tracks. D: