Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Doe 57

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I 'accidently' signed up for Amazon Prime. Mainly because I was greedy and wanted my package to arrive sooner. It said it was a FREE TRIAL of Amazon Prime, so I gave in. I was using an Amex gift card with just over $19 left on it out of the $100 it originally had. The total cost of my purchase was just over $15 and I chose NEXT DAY AIR as my shipping service. (Always wanted to try NDA)

Then I get an email saying that my package has shipped and as of 10:15PM Saturday, it is in Philadelphia and in transit. But I got another email saying that Amazon has DECLINED THE USE OF MY CHOSEN CREDIT CARD for Amazon Prime. The reason being is that because even though I signed up for a free trial, I will still be billed $80 (or something close to that) once the free trial time has expired, which I was unaware of.

I can't cancel the order and I can't cancel the free trial! I'm stuck! At least I got free shipping.:eek:

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You probably should have read exactly what you were signing up for in order to get that free shipping.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Hmm sticky situation. Either way next day air is awesome. I ordered my macbook pro next day...instant gratification. :D

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
IIRC, Amazon Prime doesn't give you free next day air shipping. When I had it, it was free 2-day shipping (or whatever comes between standard and next day).

John Doe 57

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
IIRC, Amazon Prime doesn't give you free next day air shipping. When I had it, it was free 2-day shipping (or whatever comes between standard and next day).

In the email it gave me a tracking number which when inserted into the UPS website it gave me this:
Picture 1.jpg

Is NEXT DAY AIR different from NDA SAVER? Also the page has changed as it will not display the whereabouts of my shipment.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Is NEXT DAY AIR different from NDA SAVER? Also the page has changed as it will not display the whereabouts of my shipment.

I think the difference is that NDA saver is not guaranteed to arrive by a certain time, i.e. by 8 or 10 a.m.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I believe you won't get charged the 80 bucks until after the free trial. They probably wanted make sure your card was ok, which is why they checked it.

The upside is that you had amazon prime long enough to get free shipping but you may not have it now. Either way its best to call them to straighten it all out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.