Screwed up putting the anti-glare on.. dust all over it!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Roflcopterrr, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Roflcopterrr macrumors member

Can I just wash it off under water and let it dry..? Or will that ruin it? I put the 2nd one on my iPhone and it looks somewhat better, no dust, but it is a little uneven,

2. lavinci macrumors 6502

Just leave it on. As long as it protects the screen LCD part and does not interfere with the home button, it's fine. Now, if you plan to use an Incase slider or an innocase, then you should be worried.

3. Roflcopterrr thread starter macrumors member

That's exactly how i screwed it up lol, i put a slider on and BAM bubbles galore, so I just peeled it off with my hands (bad idea) to reposition it, and there was dust all under it.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

nothing you can do other then throw it in the trash..

5. Dezlboy macrumors regular

I though you could wash off some screen protectors, let em dry, and use em again?

6. eron macrumors 6502

Just use double sided tape on fingers to remove it.

7. nielC macrumors newbie

i had dust on mine when i first put it on, so i peeled it back off rinsed it under some warm water, no soap, gently shook it as dry as i could get it and put it on with a few beads of water still on it, which i took a brand new bank card and pushed the water out away from the speaker. and you cant tell it ever had dust on it, 0 bubbles and its been on for over 2 weeks now.

i have the power support anti glare.

8. skiman4602 macrumors newbie

you're supposed to be able to wash them off with water. i've tried it before, and it never seems to come out perfectly.

9. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

A little dish soap and water, and apply damp. Squeege the water out and your good.

Works every time for me....