Screwed Up

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by pitt1717, Jul 29, 2014.

1. pitt1717 macrumors regular

So i did something stupid and restored my iPad using my iOS 8 beta 1 file. I thought i could install clean and update over the air. GUESS NOT....
    anyway, i contacted our dev and didn't realize he's on vacation (FOR 3 WEEKS!!! EEEK)(and don't want to bother him....

anyway, is there anyway to install iOS 8 B1 and then download the latest through iTunes? is there a key seq etc to do that??

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Go to the dev center and download iOS 8 beta 4 and restore using that file? Otherwise just use iTunes to restore using the latest public iOS release.

3. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors regular

yea, I'm back on public to get this working till my dev gets back. wasn't sure if there was a way iTunes would validate iOS 8 on the device and then download the latest with a key sequence

4. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

Basically, just download the beta 4 file and then do exactly what you did to install beta 1 (shift/option update/restore). No dev needed.

5. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors regular

thats the problem, i don't have access to the dev center, he added me as a tester for our internal app. no biggie, just got to get reused to iOS 7 and wait till he gets back.

6. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

You can download the file from many other places besides the dev center.