Screwed with my MBP 15.4 inch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by majapapaya, Aug 1, 2007.

1. majapapaya macrumors member

majapapaya

It was such a sad state of affairs when I put my NEW MACBOOK Pro into my Neoprene 15.4 case and it didn't fit....It was 2 inches to large, the 15.4 inch MACBOOK PRO case was way too big for the computer. I measured it and the computer was 13 long, meaning the screen barely was 15.2 in diagnol. So What the #$%^&*(. Apple? I believed I received a bogus model thru Amazon. Just to FOHfill shippment.

2. dcv macrumors G3

3. majapapaya thread starter macrumors member

majapapaya

Sorry didn't think of taking pics of my panties and Pods. Next time.But I can't even prove my bad case... HA

4. weckart macrumors 68040

All the dimensions of the laptop are on the Apple website, so you knew what size case to order. If your MBP really is 2" smaller than the MBP-sized case, then Amazon has sent you one of the mythical small, light MBPs which are supposedly the successors to the 12" PB.

Wot dcv said. Pics NOW!

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Huh?

pancakebunnylf3.jpg

Or possibly the case is for a 17" MBP

6. majapapaya thread starter macrumors member

majapapaya

I'm really scared now!! Have I been ripped off? My camera dosen't work so I can't prove a thing to you guys.

7. yetieater macrumors regular

It seems that you're bright enough to use a ruler to make measurements. How about doing the following to prove to yourself that the screen size is correct? Remember - as others have told you, screen sizes are measured diagonally.

Measure the length and height of your screen, apply the Pythagorean Theorem. a² + b² = c², where measurements a and b are the length and height of your screen respectively. Solve for c and you're set.

If all else fails, go compare your MBP 15" dimensions with those listed on the Apple Store. Or drive down to your local Apple Store and compare the 15" MBP on display there with yours.

8. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

.2 of an inch difference, honestly, probably a measuring error. More likely then not the case is too big and not the laptop too small.

9. majapapaya thread starter macrumors member

majapapaya

I guess I'm not bright enough. Opps and wow on all one saying.
    I don't think I was actually ripped off but I feel like I was some what miss lead. My 15.4 inch isn't so as big as I thought, oops. You always want it bigger. But why would advertise a case that didn't fit? WHY?

10. yetieater macrumors regular

The MacBook Pro has a widescreen with a 16:10 aspect ratio. You might have picked up a notebook sleeve designed for 15.4" screens with a different aspect ratio (4:3). I know that Case Logic makes some pretty neat cases for the MBP. Might want to look into one of those.

11. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

My Incase sleeve is too big for the MBP. It's a 'one size fits all' sleeve, despite it being advertised as for the MBP on the Apple store. Basically it's the sleeve that sucks, I'll probably buy a new one if I ever see a good one in person.