iPhone Screwed!!?? ...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by splash104, Sep 18, 2013.

1. splash104 macrumors newbie

Hey there!

I'm just quite tensed right now because I had downloaded iOS 7 through iTunes (Latest) and then hit the "Update" button, and then I could see the "Connect to iTunes" logo on my iPhone 5 and the message on iTunes read "updating iPhone" .... and that took about 5 minutes and after that I got an error "Cannot update the iPhone. Unknown error occurred (4005)" .... and since then my phone is stuck at the connect to to itunes sign ... I tried to hard reset it or take it to the recovery mode (Power + Home, release Power keep Home pressed), but nothing is happening... HELPP PEOPLE!!! :(

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

3. FallenAnjel macrumors member

sorry about that, I hope you have a backup

4. Powrie macrumors 6502

I got that when the server were slow.

But then I restarted my computer and it worked just fine.

5. splash104 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am outside of US so can't contact Apple directly. I can hear the connect sound in iTunes when I try to go into DFU mode but nothing comes up! ... iTunes doesn't recognise my phone anymore!

6. splash104 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. missingplugin macrumors newbie

1. Hold down the power and the home button for a long time. It should turn off.
    2. Hold down the home button as you plug it into your computer.
    3. Restore, but not from a backup.

I hope this helps!

8. akpmehta, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

akpmehta macrumors newbie

Restart computer after iTune 11.1 update and then only start iPhone iOS7 update

Looks like a restart is must after iTune 11.1 update and before iOS7 update on iPhone. If you didn't follow this process and received error 4005. Then still restart your PC, connect iPhone to iTune and restore from iTune. If you had back-up then restore from back-up to get all your settings back.