Screwy GUI in Rapid Weaver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thewhitehart, Sep 3, 2007.

1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I downloaded the demo versions of RapidWeaver 3.6.2 and 3.6.3. Both versions have some sort of bug where when I try to scroll the window panes in the Edit field (using the little black dot and the 'parallel bar' mouse cursor), the graphics overlay each other, making the GUI garbled and unusable. This happens no matter what page I'm trying to make, blog or File Sharing, Quicktime, etc.

It happens on both my ibook 1.33 Ghz running 10.4.10, and my iMac Core Duo running 10.4.10.

I like this software over iWeb, and I'd like to buy it, but not if this happens.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Have you contacted the developers or checked their forums?

3. thewhitehart thread starter macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I checked their forums, but couldn't find anything. Being that I experienced it on both intel and PPC macs, I thought maybe someone here experienced the same. I'll try contacting them.

4. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I've been hand-coding since 1994, and using Dreamweaver since it's 1.0 release, and RapidWeaver somehow manages to confuse the $h!t out of me.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm sure if they release there is money on the line, they will accomodate your pre-sales questions about almost anything.

I went through Page Mill/Site Mill, GoLive, Dreamweaver, and RapidWeaver and I think RapidWeaver is a really great tool but some aspects, such as setting up a site, are not straightforward.