Scribblenauts. Today!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Sep 14, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Today is the day, one of the biggest DS titles this year is about to launch!

Anyone else excited? My Amazon order shipped around 4pm, and it'll be here Tuesday night!

Last week some hacker checked the leaked Scribblenauts files and claimed that there were around 20,000 words, and 4,000 unique sprites. The developers actually claimed that he didn't know what he was talking about, and that there were way more (I wish they would actually just tell us the number...).

I can't wait to try out some weird stuff.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had one of my dev buddies shipped me an early copy and it should be here later today or tomorrow. He seems to love it though. I'm still unsure about it.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'm gonna be trading in my Batman game to get this. I think it will be interesting to play here and there and come back later to find different ways to interact with it.

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

It's really fun. Between this and M&L Inside Bowser's story I am DSing a lot in the next bit :)

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wish I had a DS(long story about my DS) to buy this game because it looks excellent so I'm going to have to settle with Muramasa: the demon blade.

Bless

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

An excellent choice as well :D soooo pretty.

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Its times like these I hate the guy who stole my DS in highschool. :mad: Maybe Ill "borrow" my roommate's pink one for a few weeks.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It arrived about an hour ago. Played through the tutorial (painful) and completed the first world on action, now working through puzzle.

It does work quite well but I'm really frustrated by the controls. They really bring the game down (would have been nice to use the dpad for movement and the L button for jump, and another combination for scrolling). It's also annoying that you cant shoot yourself with shrink rays and the like, and standing on a skateboard on a hill did nothing. Some bugs in the physics fo sho.

The music is between catchy and annoying, reminds me of Rugrats.

Bought the Alien avatar. So far it's okay. It's not as amazing (to me at least) as what all the previewers said, I'm not really getting off spawning T-rex's and zombies and the like. :eek: Definitely one to get though.

And again I'm reminded of your cool US DS boxes compared to our super plain Europe ones :p

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Just traded in some stuff (damn, Pokemon DS games hold their value) and picked up this and M&L FO FREE! :D So much DSing lately, I just re-beat Chrono Trigger (<3)

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sure is......... and its painfully protracted too.

11. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

That tutorial was torture!! :eek:

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

The tutorial took under 10 minutes to get through, come on guys :p

I forgot how awful the controls are... but creating God and a Zombie and then blowing the zombie up with a rocket launcher makes everything bad seems insignificant.

I must say though, Mario and Luigi RPG dominated almost all my DS time last night. Soooooooo gooooddd....