Scribblenauts

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Packersfan27, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

WOW

IGN and Gamespot Game of the Show and it is a DS game,

watch some of these videos...
    http://media.ds.ign.com/media/143/14304256/vids_1.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-scribblenauts/50734

An epic quote I read from Neogaf

"I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a ****ing doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the ****? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were ****ing dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a ****ing DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the **** out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I ****ING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHER****ING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy ****ing ****."

I can't wait to this game come out (Q4 2009)

2. Packersfan27 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Yeah, I saw the trailers for this and it looks incredible.

We have a couple DSs floating around in my family and its hard enough to get time on them. Scribblenauts looks like one of those games for which I just may shell out money for another DS system.

5. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Of all the games I heard about at E3, Scribblenauts will probably be the only one I'll actually buy.

6. Packersfan27 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just preordered Scribblenauts (as well as Cod:MW2, L4D2 and Halo:ODST :p )

Can't wait!

7. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

This game looks like it will be nothing short of amazing.

I wonder how many easter eggs are hidden, IGN reported that "keyboard cat" actually works. I wonder how many other crazy stuff can be done in the game.

I'm definitely excited for this.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I heard about it but didn't see any gameplay vids until now. That looks brilliant, guess I'll be getting that!

The concept sounds good but I wonder if it would get boring after a bit? I can't imagine dropping in items would be such a long lasting gameplay concept.

9. Packersfan27 thread starter macrumors 6502

Chone, there is also Longcat and its rival it begins with a T I think. There are other memes too (NeoGaf is on it if you know that forum)

Ragged, there is a sandbox mode, but there is also 220 levels to complete and once you complete all of them you can go through again but you can't use the items you used during the first play through, So there is a lot of replay ability.

10. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Packersfan, I don't think jimmi was talking about it not having new things added in, I think he meant the gameplay concept itself might get boring after awhile, since it mainly seems to be about just dropping in new items.

And while that is definitely a fear, I'm looking forward to a game that makes me think outside of the box to beat. I love quirky / different games.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

^
    Absolutely. The problem with sandbox solutions is you can do anything to achieve the goal. It'd be like playing GTA, putting the 'final boss' in the house next to your own and giving you a rocket launcher. I hope they limit it to only using items beginning with certain letters and have a sturdy platform engine to back it all up with.
    But I'm sure they know what they're doing. It's a definite buy for me, which is rare for the current state of the DS market.