Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Florida
«event miscdosc» "DIRECTORY(\"Macintosh HD:Microsoft Office X:Templates:My Templates\")"

what is this -do

code says window1 can I use its name instead

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
«event miscdosc» "DIRECTORY(\"Macintosh HD:Microsoft Office X:Templates:My Templates\")"

what is this -do

code says window1 can I use its name instead

Erm, whatever you tried to do didn't work. Try opening the script and pasting the text...

Stats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Florida
Erm, whatever you tried to do didn't work. Try opening the script and pasting the text...

tell application "Microsoft Excel"
Activate
Select Range "R1C1:R1C2"
Save ActiveWorkbook In "Macintosh HD:Microsoft Office X:Templates:My Templates:t test of Means" As xlNormal Password "" WriteReservedPassword "" without ReadOnlyRecommended and CreateBackup
Close ActiveWindow

Stats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Florida
Erm, I don't see window1 in that anywhere...

tell application "Finder"
activate
select Finder window 1
select Finder window 1
set target of Finder window 1 to folder "Hypotheses Section" of folder "MOS Templates" of disk "#8"
select Finder window 1
select Finder window 1
open document file "t test of Means " of folder " One Population" of folder "Hypotheses Testing" of folder "Hypotheses Section" of folder "MOS Templates" of disk "#8"
end tell
tell application "Microsoft Excel"
Activate
Select Range "R1C1:R1C2"
Save ActiveWorkbook In "Macintosh HD:Microsoft Office X:Templates:My Templates:t test of Means" As xlNormal Password "" WriteReservedPassword "" without ReadOnlyRecommended and CreateBackup
Close ActiveWindow
end tell
activate
select Finder window 1
select Finder window 1
open document file "Variance Test w/ Chi Sq" of folder " One Population" of folder "Hypotheses Testing" of folder "Hypotheses Section" of disk "#8"
end tell

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
Maybe I just don't get it, but maybe it would help if you explain what you want to do, and where it does not work, instead of posting code.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
In that case, yes you can use the window title. For example
Code:
	select Finder window "robbie"
end tell

selects the window with my home folder in it (if there is one, this will fail if there is no such window)

Stats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Florida
Maybe I just don't get it, but maybe it would help if you explain what you want to do, and where it does not work, instead of posting code.

It is very simple -open My templates -open a file -save the file to My templates- close file

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.