Script for Preview.app to make full screen and then continuous scrolling?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by johannnn, Aug 22, 2011.

1. johannnn macrumors 6502a

johannnn

Hi everyone,

The full screen mode of Preview.app in Lion got really bad, the default (can not be changed) view is not continuous scrolling, instead showing two pages with a long animation to change pages. Showing two pages is impossible on my 11" Air, and I don't want long animations when I change pages. I therefore want continuous scrolling. In previous systems I could set continuous scrolling to be default, but this is not possible anymore.

Hence, is there any possibility to make a applescript/automator script that makes my PDF full screen and then sets the view to continuous scrolling? I also tried to add a hotkey for continuous scrolling in System Preferences but for some reason it didn't let me, this could at least make the process into two keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks!

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Not sure if it is possible to change. I've never really mucked about with Applescript. I would be surprised if it was impossible though.

I just thought I'd post because I find the new Preview full screen mode god awful as well.

3. kn92 macrumors newbie

send apple your feedback

give apple feedback:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

they ask you about 5 useless questions to discourage the lazy user from sending, but do it anyway !

copy and paste this :

"I find it very annoying to have to switch to continuous scroll to get a better view of my PDFs every time preview goes into full screen. there should be an option in preview's preferences for default views in full screen"

RIP, Steve.