Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Which is a better (more accurate, less battery consuming, etc.) app?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i have both installed bc one of them sometimes randomly stops to scrobble and im not sure which one

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
It's Scrobble that randomly stops. I have that one installed, and I have never even looked at Scrobbled.

Last week, I noticed that I wasn't scrobbling anything, and I fixed it with a respring. I've had it on my iPhone since I first jailbroke (it's been about three months now), and this is the first time that I have noticed it.

This is with very heavy iPhone use, including music daily.

I think I may try Scrobbled for comparison.

I'm curious though... With both installed, don't you get double submissions on Last.fm?

RiGo

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008
I use Scrobble and it randomly stops scrobbling. However, it queues the songs that don't get scrobbled until you reset it so no scrobbles are missed.

I would be interested to know how Scrobbled works. Don't wanna uninstall Scrobble :)

So if you use Scrobbled, chime in please.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I tried em both out and it seems like Scrobbled is better for those who wanna try it out, it runs in the background and most of the time, (like 90%ish) it Scrobbles. Unlike Scrobble.

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
I use Scrobble and it randomly stops scrobbling. However, it queues the songs that don't get scrobbled until you reset it so no scrobbles are missed...

Nope. It actually quite working. No scrobbling, and no queue. The first thing I do whenever I notice that they are not scrobbling is check the queue, and last week, it completely quit doing all of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.