Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katetx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
The scroll bar on the right is so narrow (1/8") that my cursor keeps running off the edge, which not only stops the scrolling, but makes other unintended things happen, which is VERY annoying. Is there any way to make the scroll bar wider, like I made the cursor bigger? As my vision deteriorates, I'm afraid it's going to be harder and harder to keep the cursor on the bar.
Thanks
Kate
(Please don't give me some coding answer; I can't do that stuff.)

Silofolous

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2009
Well, I'm unaware of your situation, but with most internet browsing, the up/down keys do the same as scrolling up and down. Again, I'm not sure if that helps, but that's a pretty simple alternative you might want to check and see if it works for you.

Also, if you have one of the newer multitouch MacBooks, moving two fingers up or down scrolls.

Hope it helps.

katetx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Thank you for your reponse.
Up/down arrow scrolling isn't as precise, and it is still hard to keep the cursor from slipping off.
My Mac doesn't scroll with 2 fingers.

Well, I'm unaware of your situation, but with most internet browsing, the up/down keys do the same as scrolling up and down. Again, I'm not sure if that helps, but that's a pretty simple alternative you might want to check and see if it works for you.

Also, if you have one of the newer multitouch MacBooks, moving two fingers up or down scrolls.

Hope it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.