scroll lag in late 2013 15" mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mehka, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Mehka macrumors newbie

I'm still getting scroll lag in my base 15" rmbp (particularly chrome), anyone else have the same issue? Also, the scrolling issue is really bad in spotify, to the point that the choppiness is so obvious.

Does the mbp throttle performance during battery mode? I seem to feel that the mbp feels sluggish when its on battery mode, and accelerates back into normal when i plug it in or it could just be me =\

2. leman macrumors 604

Yep, Spotify is laggy, but its kind of their fault. They had over a year now to fix their code for the retina machines, but they already stated that they have no interest in doing this.

3. Mehka, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013

Mehka thread starter macrumors newbie

so spotify lags even on new machines? just want to double check that the problem isn't on my end :) , also going into sites such as theverge or facebook still lags for me just want to make sure that there's nothing wrong with my mbp :D

4. neteng101 macrumors 65816

I've seen lags in Firefox with Facebook, but switching to Safari seems to have fixed it. So I suspect its within Chrome.

5. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

No it's not chrome nor firefox it is all safari in these later OS's

Safari on my Lion machines are perfectly silky smooth thank you very much.

6. chrishero macrumors newbie

Same for me on the latest Macbook Pro since upgrading to OSX 10.9. I almost have exactly the same software setup on my office iMac (Mid 2011) but I see the lagging only on the Macbook, not on the older hardware.

I also tried several screen resolutions (e.g. back to "optimal retina") but that didn't help.

Not for me... my Macbook scrolling lags when connected to the power as well.