Scroll speed in iOS 8

TheUnforgiven

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Isn't the scroll speed in Safari significantly slower in iOS 8 than iOS 7? When scrolling up and down pages, it feels very slow. Anywhere to change this?

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
depends what sites are being viewed, if u have 99999 tabs open, background refresh on for every single app, device model..

it was unchanged with my iphone 5 & ofc the iphone 6 is also fine

TheUnforgiven

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Just one tab/page. When I scroll down the page, it only takes a small chunk with every swipe.

Maybe it's because it's a 6 Plus? :S

GlideStar

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
I'm using a 6+ and scrolling seems painfully slow.

I think it's probably something to do with the fact that the 6+ can display more lines and the scrolling gesture is calibrated on smaller screens.

So a 15 line scroll on an iPhone 5s would 'move' a much larger percentage of the screen than it does on the 6 plus.

TheUnforgiven

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
I'm using a 6+ and scrolling seems painfully slow.

I think it's probably something to do with the fact that the 6+ can display more lines and the scrolling gesture is calibrated on smaller screens.

So a 15 line scroll on an iPhone 5s would 'move' a much larger percentage of the screen than it does on the 6 plus.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully Apple will do something about this in the next update.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Isn't the scroll speed in Safari significantly slower in iOS 8 than iOS 7? When scrolling up and down pages, it feels very slow. Anywhere to change this?
It depends on the length/height of the page. On a page not much taller than the display the scrolling is slower than on a longer page. Safari on the Mac acts the same way too.

rockhopper353

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Scroll speed in iOS 8

I've got the 6 plus and coming from a galaxy s3 I find it very choppy, not impressed, I'm using tapatalk as well and I'm finding that equally as bad.

Mactaculious

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
Yes, I have noticed this on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.3. Big difference between the iPhone and iPad Air 2, it's so sluggish when you're trying to flick down on the web pages and I have to do long swipes in order to get the screen to go down more. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.