Scroll wheel settings for Logitech Performance MX mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 5tevooo, Jan 3, 2012.

1. 5tevooo macrumors newbie

To those of you who use this mouse, have you got it configured in the Logitech Control Center settings, or are you just relying on Apple's mouse settings in Prefs?

I've been struggling to get a good combination of speedy scrolling down web pages plus one-notch-per-page scrolling in multipage PDFs, without one sacrificing the other. (Yes there's the mode changer button - but I don't fancy the idea of clicking that several hundred times each day.)

The only way scrolling seems to work correctly is if I uninstall the logitech driver and rely on Apple's settings alone - but then I lose some of the mouse's button and battery status functionality.

If any of you could post up/describe your scroll wheel settings (Speed and Acceleration, plus scrolling speed in Apple's mouse prefs) that would be really helpful.

2. tangfj macrumors member

I have the same problems with this mouse. Seems the only answer is to uninstall the logitech software. I've read about other people using ControllerMate but I haven't tried it yet. Not sure that ControllerMate will add any scrolling features but at least you'll be able to get back the extra buttons on the mouse (I think).