Scrolling direction: Natural vs. Unnatural

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dilster3k, Aug 10, 2014.

?

Natural scrolling or Unnatural scrolling?

1. I use Natural

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. I use Unnatural

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Dilster3k macrumors 6502a

Dilster3k

A few years ago the scroll direction gesture used in our trackpads was inverted to mimic the scrolling of an iPhone / iPad. Natural scrolling for the last few years has been the default setting within OS X, yet I personally still prefer to use the Unnatural setting.

What do you use and why?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. zedsdead macrumors 68040

After using the iPhone and iPad, the natural scrolling just felt completely right to me...love it.

It's a different mindset. The old way was about moving scroll bars around a window, while the new way is about "pushing" your content around. I prefer the latter.

3. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

For trackpads, I like unnatural for vertical scrolling, but natural for horizontal swiping. Anyone know of a program that would allow this?

4. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

Just a guess, bettertouchtool maybe? I would think it would have that option. If not you should send the developer a request. Also I think totalspaces can do this, but infidelity only for spaces.

I have natural scrolling turned off.
    I've been using OS X since Tiger, and Windows before that, always with traditional scrolling so I was always just used to that and saw no need to change it. When I do a fresh install it's the first thing I change.
    It feels right on a touchscreen, but not with a trackpad and especially not with a mouse... And definitely feels awkward with a Kensington expert mouse.