scrolling in itunes on 2011 iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Benz63amg, May 26, 2011.

1. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

hey guys, i have like 6GB of music in my itunes library on my 2011 iMac, and i wanted to ask, when i scroll down and up through my library, the scrolling is not 100% smooth, is it like that for u guys too? i mean its smooth but its not smooth like when u scroll a folder full of files in finder which is Smooth as silk without any skip or anything :confused:

The MacStore's "Featured" page is also skippy and choppy.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That doesn't sound right. How much RAM do you have? I'm assuming your music is on your internal drive. Your library is certainly not big enough to cause performance concerns.

3. iLidz macrumors member

iLidz

Scrolling is pretty smooth on mine, about 16 gigs of music. The first time I open iTunes it takes about 1 second to populate the album artwork but other than that, scrolling is smooth.

BTW: I'm on '11 iMac 3.4 w/ 16gb RAM

4. ZeD X macrumors regular

6gb? Did you mean 6TB?

Of course this is not right if it's only 6gb.

I have more than 2TB of music (Audiophile, plus all music in lossless format + a lot of different versions), and it still smooth.

Only 1TB is on my internal hard drive, the other 1TB is on a firewire one (sharing bandwidth with a audio interface).

5. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

No i mean 6GB , not 6TB, and i have 12GBs of Ram, i used the program Tagalicious to find album art, lyrics and so on for my music and it did, i thought that slowed down my itunes so i removed all the music from my library and re added my music and its the same thing without the all the album art.. i cant figure this out...

Do i need to reinstall OS X or what?

Can any of u guys take a video of you scrolling the itunes library? i want to see how its scrolling , maybe mine is scrolling fine and im just being obsessive or something

6. ZeD X macrumors regular

EVERY single music of my collection have cover, trust me, it's not the problem.

You can try to reinstall the Mac OS X without formating your disk, you will not lose anything, and it might helps.

Try repair the permissions first, of course.

7. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

what about lyrics? could it be that slowed my itunes down?

8. ZeD X macrumors regular

No man, I dont use it, but it's only read when you listen the music or click them, or something like this (never tried).

The scroll just load the names, wich are on the library.

I can disconnect my Hard drive and still looking for the names on the list, and scroll smooth as well.

Something is causing problem.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your album art and lyrics shouldn't be a problem. I have only high-quality artwork, manually added to my library and most songs have lyrics and it makes no impact on scrolling. I tried using my phone to video scrolling, but the video doesn't record that fast.... it comes out blurry.