Scrolling in window inside Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dominat0r, May 8, 2018.

1. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

Any else notice that you can not scroll in a windows thats inside Safari? I am using a site for my dialer at work, it has several telemetry windows that are inside of the safari browser, however, I can no scroll at all inside that window unless I click and drag the bar manually.

I just switched from Chrome to Safari to save some battery life and Chrome allows us to scroll inside that window. I have no tried Mozilla as yet.

Just curious, is anyone else experiencing this?

PS- Normal scrolling in Safari works just fine, no issues with that part, just when its a window inside safari.

2. Dominat0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

After speaking with a tech on the phone, we both agreed that this is not possible in certain situations. Any flash type of window will not be able to scroll the normal way, you need to click and hold the tab on the mouse. However, on the trackpad, you can left click and hold, then move the cursor above the window and it will snap scroll the top and bottom. This is very similar to a wheel click on a windows button for people who know both. That basically puts a little round icon with arrows up and down. As you move the cursor up, it will auto scroll up...vice versa for down.

I am trying to deal with I guess since its just such a difference using Safari on my laptop, like hours difference.