Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
In case you were wondering, it's still there in DP6. After years of using betas, this is the only time I've been so infuriated at a bug.

I haven't encountered it yet. I am sure you just jinxed me :)

I hope it's fixed before GM

heyadrian

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2011
They weren't in a hurry to get anything out. People need to understand that Apple have switched to an annual OS release starting with Lion, which means we won't see something like Leopard again; SL is what Leopard should've been, ML > Lion, and Mavs is > ML. We're seeing the changes we need in smaller releases that needs a follow-up to optimize it.

If they were doing Leopard type of release with 2-3 years of development, Mavs is what Lion+Mountain Lion would've combined into after 2-3 years.

The next OS (10.10) is going to be what Mavs should've been, like finishing up the changes to the Notes, Reminders, and so on.

Once they finish a major update like 10.7.0/10.8.0/10.9.0/, the core team goes to work on 10.10.0 and the secondary team will work on follow-up updates for 10.9.

OSX-X-X? I highly doubt that it'll be called that haha :D I've got a feeling that they'll be dropping the denary numbering system and start with some funky naming convention. It's obvious that Tim Cook is hell-bent on changing how Jobs has run the place :-/

petterihiisila

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Finland
Update & restart BetterTouchTool

I've seen scrolling get stuck when using BetterTouchTool. Especially when there's a new version available and it shows the update dialog. Updating and restarting BetterTouchTool sometimes fixes the problem.

TweakOnline

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2012
Europe
I don't have scrolling issues, but zooming issues while I'm working with my MBPr 15'' on OS X Mavericks. It's pretty frustrating since I'm working at 1920x1200 pixel modus and can't read text if I won't zoom in Safari.

leecbaker

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2012
New Zealand
I've just run into this issue for the first time, and it is really a pain.

Interesting enough, it doesn't seem to affect scrolling in SublimeText. I wonder what they are doing differently?

didjeridou

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Happens to me every few hours. This is such a pain in the ass. I need to reboot to fix it for another few hours.

spinosum

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
I have an issue with scrolling bar missing in Preview on my rMBP15. I noticed that if it is a one-page PDF, then the scrolling bar is missing; however if it has more than 1 page, the Preview scrolling bar will reappear.

Anyone encounter this?

pitFlyz

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
Thanks A Lot

This fix seems to work for me without having to reboot/relog-in on my MBA mid-2012 running 10.9 / DP5... Apple stated that the scrolling issue is linked to the zoom feature so here's what I did:

1. Opened System Preferences
2. Selected Accessibility
3. Selected Zoom
4. Unchecked all checked options (I had "Smooth Images" checked)
5. Clicked more options
6. Selected "Continuous with pointer" then done
7. Rebooted so it sticks to all progs launched after login (or simply restart the application you lost your scroll functionality in)

3 hours onwards - no scroll issues.

Hope this helps!

V

Thanks A Lot. I thought I was going to have to wait until Apple Updated Mavericks. Thanks again for posting your solution. It's people like you that take the time to help others and save people like me tons of hours of frustration. I gotta post some of my solutions, now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.