Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stef4n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
I just bought my new MacBook Pro Retina 13'' (mid).

Today is my first working day with the new rMBP and it is(/was) quite annoying.

Two finger scrolling is every 10th time not working. It sometimes even freezes my tabs in Safari.

More annoying is the reading of PDFs in preview. It happens very often that I can't scroll anymore for some seconds.

Do you have the same problems? Is it my trackpad or is it due to Mavs?

Edit: Apparently fixed the problem by putting the sroll bars on gerneral settings on "always". Found the hint in some other forum. So it should be a software problem. Does anyone else have it?

Last edited:

bearzx

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2013
That's strange, new RMBP13 should have better performance, and the Mavericks should fix lots of lagging issues in previous RMBPs.

Stef4n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
Even with scroll bars on "always", I sometimes still have the same problem. I sroll and nothing is happening.

pencilcheck

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Same, I wonder if this has to do with the new process management (that coalesce processes) and memory management.

se-nsei

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2013
On System Preferences > Trackpad. Go to More Gestures & under 'Swipe between pages' change it to 'Swipe with two or three fingers'. This fixes it for me.

This was a really annoying issue for me too, just got the base Haswell 15" rMBP. I think it's a mavericks issue, it occurs both on Safari and Chrome. To replicate the bug just scroll back on a webpage with the default scrolling preferences, all scrolling gestures lock up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.