Scrolling Issues with DP*

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BLACKFRIDAY, Jun 20, 2011.

1. BLACKFRIDAY macrumors regular

I have been using DP4 for a while and have used all the DPs from the very beginning.

I should say that scrolling has not been that good since the very beginning.

For every Apple application that incorporates a new ScrollView, there are issues with the flow and the overall experience.
    Safari, Finder, Address Book and probably every other new application has some performance issues with the new ScrollView.

This could be attributed to reasons apart from the bounce-back effect; and even that is very un-easy under normal usage.

I compared all these applications with Google Chrome, Firefox and TextWrangler.

All seem to be doing absolutely fine with scrolling just like in 10.6.* and I am not bothered with any performance hits.

Anyone else with a similar opinion or have you been just all right with the scrolling?

2. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

I am definitely not alright with scrolling.

It appears the option to turn off scrolling with inertia has been removed. That in itself is a bad thing for me as I prefer non-inertial scrolling. Luckily the setting does carry over if you have set it before.

The second problem is with the rubberbanding. I think that works pretty well with inertial scrolling (it's great on iOS, for instance), but not at all without.

The first setting needs to come back, the second needs to start existing.

3. Loptimist macrumors member

check universal access... there are extra trackpad / mouse options - the one you are looking for.

4. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Ah, indeed. One can turn on and off the inertial scrolling there. Good catch, I wouldn't have looked for it in that spot.

However the rubberbanding does not appear to be an option.

5. kftrainer macrumors regular

kftrainer

That is cool that you passed that on I have been hoping for a solution since DP 1