Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLACKFRIDAY

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2011
I have been using DP4 for a while and have used all the DPs from the very beginning.

I should say that scrolling has not been that good since the very beginning.

For every Apple application that incorporates a new ScrollView, there are issues with the flow and the overall experience.
Safari, Finder, Address Book and probably every other new application has some performance issues with the new ScrollView.

This could be attributed to reasons apart from the bounce-back effect; and even that is very un-easy under normal usage.

I compared all these applications with Google Chrome, Firefox and TextWrangler.

All seem to be doing absolutely fine with scrolling just like in 10.6.* and I am not bothered with any performance hits.

Anyone else with a similar opinion or have you been just all right with the scrolling?

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
I am definitely not alright with scrolling.

It appears the option to turn off scrolling with inertia has been removed. That in itself is a bad thing for me as I prefer non-inertial scrolling. Luckily the setting does carry over if you have set it before.

The second problem is with the rubberbanding. I think that works pretty well with inertial scrolling (it's great on iOS, for instance), but not at all without.

The first setting needs to come back, the second needs to start existing.

Loptimist

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
I am definitely not alright with scrolling.

It appears the option to turn off scrolling with inertia has been removed. That in itself is a bad thing for me as I prefer non-inertial scrolling. Luckily the setting does carry over if you have set it before.

The second problem is with the rubberbanding. I think that works pretty well with inertial scrolling (it's great on iOS, for instance), but not at all without.

The first setting needs to come back, the second needs to start existing.

check universal access... there are extra trackpad / mouse options - the one you are looking for.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
check universal access... there are extra trackpad / mouse options - the one you are looking for.

Ah, indeed. One can turn on and off the inertial scrolling there. Good catch, I wouldn't have looked for it in that spot.

However the rubberbanding does not appear to be an option.

kftrainer

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2009
Ah, indeed. One can turn on and off the inertial scrolling there. Good catch, I wouldn't have looked for it in that spot.

However the rubberbanding does not appear to be an option.
That is cool that you passed that on I have been hoping for a solution since DP 1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.