Scrolling lag in early 2013 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ugahairydawgs, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Been having an odd issue. Having some scrolling issues in several areas of the OS (Safari, some apps, etc), but I can get it to show up every time when I hope the app folder in the dock and scroll up and down. I sent it off to Apple and they replaced both the logic board and the screen and after getting it back today it is still doing it. I have done a fresh install of the OS and the issue still persists (see the screencast video in the link below for an example).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74a5ulb3i2jlj5g/Untitled.mov

My question is this.....has anyone else seen an issue like this? Outside of swapping out the SSD I'm not really sure what else Apple can do to resolve this. They pretty much replaced the rest of the internals in the machine.

2. commac macrumors regular

Looks to me like a symptom of the price we pay for pretty retina displays.

Try your machine connected to an external display in clamshell mode and let us know if the lag improves.

Im currently testing a 13 inch late 2013 and experience many small animation lags until connecting to an external and closing the lid. Even a ATD runs buttery smooth while in clamshell. My theory is something with the retina algorithm that Apple has yet to figure out. I see the same lag on all iPad retinas even the newest most powerful one.

3. ugahairydawgs thread starter macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

It doesn't

4. commac macrumors regular

Strange. When powering the retina screen my application lag looks just like yours. When i close the lid it becomes buttery smooth on the external. You have power plugged in?

5. ugahairydawgs thread starter macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Yeah...does it both with and without power.