Scrolling Lag Test w/ Quartz Debug

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SuperCop, Aug 28, 2014.

1. SuperCop, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

SuperCop macrumors newbie

Hey folks,

If there is already a page for this, then I apologize. I know there are lots of threads complaining about scrolling lag and for a brief period I had late 2013 13" rmbp, but returned it in the 2 week window because I needed a bigger screen. While the 13" only had the traditional iris, it did seem to be slow especially when manipulating websites that were already loaded OR even pdfs.

Since I did not know of this Quartz Debug for testing fps in Mac when I had the laptop and I'm not too sure apple's policy on installing it on the demo computers, I was wondering if someone might be able to run Quartz Debug (specifying the specs of your computer & which resolutions you tried) and post your results? I'm looking for Min/Max/Averages, in a somewhat similar fashion to:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6495/...erformance-on-macbook-pro-with-retina-display

Is the "UI" lag only when the page first loads or consistently? People say there is no lag in the Iris Pro, but can anyone confirm this with some numbers?

Much appreciated.

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Scrolling through Facebook before it's fully loaded:

It averaged around the same frame rates, with some infrequent drops to between 30-40 fps.

Attached Files:

3. SuperCop thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah and just to confirm, is this on the 15" rmbp? Also what's the screen resolution set at?

Thanks! If it's chilling at 60 fps normally with a few dips then I'm sold.

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Oops, sorry, it's on a late-2013 13" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD.