Scrolling on iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ErnieBernie, Nov 3, 2017.

1. ErnieBernie macrumors newbie

ErnieBernie

Hi, I‘ve just received the iPhone X today and I Love it - although I noticed some shadows above/underneath the letters when scrolling through text.

I wanted to find out of this is normal behavior of the new screen or whether my screen does not work properly, so I started to look around on the internet and found this website. I was horrified when I saw how much the bars are wiggling and change size when scrolling up and down, even changing color at the border...does anyone else experience this with their X?

Here the link:
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS6/comments/34t923/is_your_screen_defective_test_for_yourself_by/

2. redno421 macrumors newbie

I have this on my iPhone X and compared it to the demo units at my local Target and Best Buy and they exhibited the same behavior.

3. Simacca macrumors 65816

Simacca

4. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Are you talking about the stutter/lag? It did this on my iPad. The update fixed it. Note: using beta

5. hspace macrumors regular

hspace

I don’t see any text shadows myself when scrolling.

As for that linked example - I see a slight changing of the bar sizes in that example when scrolling, but it is very minor. It seems to be an OLED artifact that sometimes appears. It could also have something to do with the pentile pixel arrangement.

I assume the next years version will have an even better display, but this one is certainly good enough. If it takes such a specific example to highlight the worst case scenario - and the effect is so minor - It won’t affect my enjoyment of the phone.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Yea, there is a half second lag when scrolling.