Scrolling on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by matore, Sep 1, 2014.

1. matore macrumors newbie

Hi there! Is there any way to change how much iTunes window "moves" when you scroll? I use 10.7 and my problem is while scrolling through album covers, I get 3 rows with 4 covers each, but every scroll moves 4 rows so one row is "lost" between scrolls. I don't know if I make myself clear? It's a bit silly but very annoying! I use Windows version btw. Thanks!

2. illusionx macrumors 6502

Scrolling on iTunes

I think the issue is that your windows machine scrolls 3 lines at a time. Hence your issue with losing one row of albums at each scroll.

3. matore thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, exactly, setting it to 2 lines is spot on! I'll have to get used to that on the other applications, it would be great if it could be set just for iTunes, but that's Windows I guess... haha Thanks a lot!!

4. illusionx macrumors 6502

Yeah, it is not very natural scrolling in windows...

5. matore thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a nice solution for us the Windows users. Setting scroll speed to 2 just for iTunes makes web browsing awefully slow, after a bit of reaserch I found "KatMouse", a quite handy application that sets custom mouse settings for specific programs or windows you select. I did it for iTunes window and there set it to 2 (not process itunes.exe because it will be set to 2 as long as itunes runs, almost all the time). Job done! It's silent so it won't bother, and quite lite also so hopefully won't affect the performance of the pc either. Hope it helps someone else, cheers