Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stpilots98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
Hey guys thanks in advance for helping me. Longtime PC user who just got his first mac today. I have figured out a lot of the problems I have been having in the system preferences except for this one scrolling problem. Everytime I scroll to the top right my page minimizes and it shows me all of the open applications I have *kind of like alt-tab in windows* and when I scroll to the bottom right the page just minimizes. Does anyone know where the preferences are for this and how I can change them? Thanks

CrizzoDesigns

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Burlington
I am not sure what you mean when you say scroll to the top right? When you move your mouse pointer to the top right you should see your dashboard!

revbarabbas

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2009
Hey guys thanks in advance for helping me. Longtime PC user who just got his first mac today. I have figured out a lot of the problems I have been having in the system preferences except for this one scrolling problem. Everytime I scroll to the top right my page minimizes and it shows me all of the open applications I have *kind of like alt-tab in windows* and when I scroll to the bottom right the page just minimizes. Does anyone know where the preferences are for this and how I can change them? Thanks

Make sure you only use 2 fingers for scroll. 4 fingers left or right invokes the cmd-tab menu, and 4 fingers up or down invokes Expose. The settings are in "System Preferences" (the icon on the dock with the gears in a box) under "Trackpad" (a grey rectangle that looks like the trackpad)...you can disable and enable different preferences there, but you can't change them.

Also check the "Expose and Spaces" settings to make sure that "Active Screen Corners" isn't setup to do unwanted stuff when you put your pointer in the corners of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.