Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Does anyone know if there is an option to stop stacks being scrollable in Snow Leopard?
I like how currently my application stack shows all application on my computer without having to scroll.

edit: I just realised that the stack will only have to scroll if there's more than can fit in the stack (i think), so it should appear the same unless i have lots more applications?

mckyvlle

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2007
London, UK
+1

Just installed Snow Leopard, hoping to find out how to stop Stacks from scrolling too. Leopard had the good sense to scale the icons to make them fit!

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
edit: I just realised that the stack will only have to scroll if there's more than can fit in the stack (i think), so it should appear the same unless i have lots more applications?

This is how it should work. They should scale down like they did in Leopard, and only scroll if they don’t fit after scaling. Unfortunately though, Apple seems to have removed scaling altogether, and now stacks always have big jumbo icons, so if you have an Applications stack, you’ll almost definitely have to scroll to see everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.