Scrolling through browser casues choppyness/distortion.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lians60, Jul 22, 2010.

1. lians60 macrumors member

Hi everyone i recently purchased a 2010 MBP 13" 2.4 320m.
    I notice when i scroll using the multitouch through pages i experience a choppyness in the scrolling. Almost as if there were a invisible horizontal line distorting portions of the text. It is very subtle but is definitely there. Has anyone had these issues? If so how did you remedy it, anybody have a "genius" diagnos the problem? Thanks in advance.

P.S - I've owned the 2009 MBP 13" 9400m and never had this problem.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Are you talking about Safari? Do the web pages that have this problem have a lot of flash on it or moving icons?

3. lians60 thread starter macrumors member

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Alright, try going into System Preferences>Accounts and then creating a new account. Under the new account, does the same issue occur? Also, do you have all of the latest software updates?

5. lians60 thread starter macrumors member

I'm actually at work and don't have access to my Macbook. I will try when i get home, but i don't understand how that would solve my issue. Would you care to elaborate? And yes i have the most updated software. Thanks!

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Creating a new account gives the computer a fresh slate for all intents and purposes. So it will tell if it is just a problem within your account or if it is systemwide.

7. Pax macrumors 6502a

I think this is a known problem at least with Firefox.
    Try MRoogle and search for phrases like "tearing" and "Firefox" and "320m"
    I can't remember where I read it, but I believe there is a fix certainly for Firefox. Not sure about Safari.