Scrolling Trackpad on an ibook?

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Anyone know if i could get that wonderful two finger trackpad function that the new powerbooks have on my ibook? is it just a trackpad driver?

thanks,

r.

p.s. whats the big deal about rss feeds?

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
I seem to recall iScroll not working with all ibooks and having issues with Tiger.

Search for SideTrack at VersionTracker or MacUpdate--you can do all kinds of stuff with it...

thevessels

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2004
sidetrack is the shizzzz
i have an older powerbook , and wow its awesome
i can horizontal and vertical scoll . left and right click , all without leaving th etrackpad .. its seriously worth the $ . and i NEVER think that about shareware . and its soooo customizable . A+++

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
I can vouch for iScroll as well. Works great on my iBook and it is a much more elegant solution than the dedicated scrollpads on most PC laptops.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
whyrichard said:
p.s. whats the big deal about rss feeds?
It's all about saving time.

Think about it. Everytime you sit down in front of a computer, you probably visit some of the same sites. Each time, you scroll past the ads to get to the content. Imagine, opening a single webpage or application, and all of the new posts/updates are brought to you rather than you having to go find them. It's an incredible time-saving technique.

I personally recommend NetNewsWire .

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
iscroll works great in firefox for me, but not in safari. for whatever reason it just doesn't scroll as well as the others. But I never use safari so it doesn't really bother me.