Scrolling with Trackpad on Safari

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RUnited, Nov 3, 2008.

1. RUnited macrumors newbie

I'm having an issue with scrolling with my trackpad on Safari with my new MacBook Aluminum. I can't really explain it, but the scrolling is not as smooth as it is on my MBA and my old MacBook. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

I seem to see some kind of wave when scrolling with my trackpad on the page, especially ones with a lot of writing on it (like an editorial). The problem is not there when I use the cursor key.

I also haven't tried with other programs, as I have no use for them, so I don't know if this problem is on other programs as well.

I tried the demo machine the Apple shop had in their store and also found the same issue. I know it's not the display since the display at the shop had different manufacturing code to that of mine.

any ideas?

2. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) Dopod838Pro)

I'm not on my mac at the moment but I think there is a "Smooth scrolling" option in the preferences ... you might want to turn that off or on and see if it makes a difference.

3. RUnited thread starter macrumors newbie

Not helping I'm afraid. In fact, I couldn't even see the difference between that smooth scroll turned on and off. Haha.

Guess will have to see if apple fixes it in the update.